Fly Swap Auction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Swap Auction

Some fantastic contributions were made and received for the recent fly swap that took place on the forum. It was decided that we would dress a few extra and auction them off to a good cause - Charles Jardine's London Marathon run in aid of Fishing4Schools was chosen. Anyway, we had a really nice wheatley fly box donated too by Chrisc (thanks again for that) and here's what's up for grabs:

The auction will end at 9pm on Friday night (24th April). I have the auction running in a few areas to maximise the exposure of the donation and will track the best I can - as such, please don't wait until last minute to bid, as I may miss it and won't be able to act on it.

We currently have an opening bid of £60, which is a nice start. However, with 32 flies in total and a lovely box we're all hoping for a bit more, of course.

Thanks and please give generously to what is essentially the future of our sport.

TT.

I'll raise the bid to £70, l have someone l need to thank.:>

Where else is it posted Steff?

Comment

Awesome, thanks a lot ChrisC. |\

I have it one three locations on facebook and then am about to put it on the flyforum. Will update them all as best I can and keep you posted.

Thanks again,

TT.

Comment

Sorry to tell you Chris, but you're getting your box back!

There was no further interest, which surprised me. I thought it would have gone a little higher. Anyway, thanks a lot for the bid - please PM me your address and I'll get it in the post for you.

Tight lines,

TT.

Comment

Fair play to you Chris a cool act of generosity I do hope your one good deed is repaid with tight lines all season for you.

Richy

Comment

Thanks Richy, the Treasure of Pembs Angling, has taken me out numerous times and others, walked beats and showed be likely holding spots so as a thanks he will be having the flies.:>

Comment

Nice one mate I find a thank you goes a long way and I'm sure that he will appreciate the gesture and you never know he might show you a few more "special" places

Richy

Comment

Made the payment, £70 plus gift aid brought our total to £87.50:>

I mentioned the forum name and the fly swap auction in the text.

Thanks to all involved and the encouragement for a beginner to participate.

Looking forward to the next time.

I've got a fly box going for the next tie off, if anyone is interested? I can't seem to sell it or give it away!!|\

Comment

Working...
                X