• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheres the nrw offices in lampeter?

Comment

Originally posted by Highwater View Post
      They are in Barley mow, on the way down to the Llaa car park.

Cap

Comment

Hi Highwater
        They are down in Barley mow, on the way to the Llaa car park, just before J&E Woodworks.
        Are you coming to give a hand on the 11th?
        Your help would be appreciated.

Cap

Comment

What is required of me on the 11th? I could come as its on a weekend no problems, what time etc? Thanks

Comment

What is required of me on the 11th? I could come as its on a weekend no problems, what time etc? Thanks
            Thanks for enquiring and apolologies for not replying sooner.
            If you bring yourself to the offices then that'll be sufficient.
            Still don't know what time, should hear back beginning of the week.

Cap

Comment

Thank god it is now the 11th.I have been banging on about this stuff for months and "she who must be obeyed"had other plans for today.Must admit i do not know where the NRW car park is .Presumably the sewage works?

Comment

Just a thought.If 1 or 2 far flung members want to get involved with this on the 11th,We can offer "basic" accommodation at no charge.Just send me a pm.:>

Comment

We will be meeting at 10:00am on Saturday the 11th(this coming Saturday) for a cup of tea/coffee before going out .
                  The office is down in Barley mow(on the way to the Llaa car park).

If your coming in over the bridge (co-op superstore on right) take first left after that, follow road round until you come to car park, keep to it's left and turn down left on the bend, down hill and bear left at bottom, 50yds down it'll be on your right.

Coming in from Llanwnen pass petrol garage on left about 200+yards further on take first right, carry on going straight, passing the secondary school (on right) then take first right on been just after fire station, down hill and bear left at bottom, 50yds down it'll be on your right.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by steelheadnut View Post
                    We will be meeting at 10:00am on Saturday the 11th(this coming Saturday) for a cup of tea/coffee before going out .
                    The office is down in Barley mow(on the way to the Llaa car park).

If your coming in over the bridge (co-op superstore on right) take first left after that, follow road round until you come to car park, keep to it's left and turn down left on the bend, down hill and bear left at bottom, 50yds down it'll be on your right.

Coming in from Llanwnen pass petrol garage on left about 200+yards further on take first right, carry on going straight, passing the secondary school (on right) then take first right on been just after fire station, down hill and bear left at bottom, 50yds down it'll be on your right.

Cap
                    Teify Rivers Trust/NRW balsam survey and management
                    Address:
                    NRW offices
                    Glan teifi
                    Barley mow
                    SA48 7BY

We'll spend about an hour going through background survey method etc. and agree who's surveying which sites.
                    Tea and coffee will be available.
                    Then we'll head out to a site nearby (moorlands caravan park, Llangybi) to look at balsam in it's various stages and kick off some management work.
                    It will mainly be hand pulling the plants, but there are some extensive areas that'll need strimmer or scythe work.
                    Bring:
                    Walking sick/pole
                    Gloves
                    Mob.phone(you just can't get away from them can you)
                    Lunch
                    Water
                    Hat
                    Waterproofs
                    Wellies/walking boots/waders(any,and/or)
                    High viz jacket(if you have one) that's for us to find you should you dissapear for days in the stuff :>

Cap

Comment

I live i llanfihangel ar arth, and i must be home by 1pm as unforeseen circumstances the girlfriends cars water pump has broke and is undriveable l, ive been quotet £200 in garage to fix or fix it myself for £30 with the help of a family mechanic but the only day he can do is saturday, and its a long job so unfortunately the closer i am to my village the later i can leave the river bank, but will do my best in the short space of time i have, and will hopefully learn and control this on every fishing trip

Comment

I'll be there.|\

Comment

[QUOTE=mepps4me;11371]I'll be there.|\[/QUOTE
                          Great |\

Comment

Originally posted by steelheadnut View Post
                            Teify Rivers Trust/NRW balsam survey and management
                            Address:
                            NRW offices
                            Glan teifi
                            Barley mow
                            SA48 7BY

We'll spend about an hour going through background survey method etc. and agree who's surveying which sites.
                            Tea and coffee will be available.
                            Then we'll head out to a site nearby (moorlands caravan park, Llangybi) to look at balsam in it's various stages and kick off some management work.
                            It will mainly be hand pulling the plants, but there are some extensive areas that'll need strimmer or scythe work.
                            Bring:
                            Walking sick/pole
                            Gloves
                            Mob.phone(you just can't get away from them can you)
                            Lunch
                            Water
                            Hat
                            Waterproofs
                            Wellies/walking boots/waders(any,and/or)
                            High viz jacket(if you have one) that's for us to find you should you dissapear for days in the stuff :>

Cap
                            Moving this up again |\
                            Cap

Comment

Re: Balsam bash

We actually started the balsam project a week yesterday, on the 4th of July.
                              Thanks to the people that came to the meet and contributed their time to the project.
                              I do hope that all of you can make it to some of the days we will be out there pulling and cutting the pest.
                              We have 2 new machines to help with the work, these will be used mainly for eradicating he balsam on the tribs. with some work carried out on the main river in certain places, if we have time this year.
                              If you have problems getting to beats on your particular association/club or private waters please contact them so that they can send out bank maintenance teams to clear them.
                              Remember that they have schedules to keep and might not get around to clearing them immediately.
                              It won't happen overnight but we will be clear of this pest in time.
                              I will be out oln the balsam bash again next Saturday for certain and maybe on the Friday as well. That's Saturday the 25th. and maybe on the 24th.
                              If you want to come let me know please.
                              Thank you all.

Cap
                              Last edited by steelheadnut; 19-07-2015, 07:28. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Cap
                                Just let me know where and when.24th or 25th is fine.I can bring the wife on the 25th.She is good at pulling :>

Comment

Working...
                                X