Circle C Tube Fly Hooks revisited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circle C Tube Fly Hooks revisited

Does anyone have experience with Partridge Nordic Tube Fly Singles?

My question is ' what is the minimum size you would use?'

I have sizes 12 and 14, however, I'm not over confident with these!

I have managed a 12 lb. Salmon on a size 10 Peter Ross Fly, but here, I'm making reference to the above hooks.

Any comment would be very much appreciated.

Tight Lines, Holly.

Hi Holly,

if you're referring to using them in the back of a tube then 12/14 is very small - I would reserve these for micro tubes to be honest.

If you're fishing one inch tubes and bigger then start with size 6 and work up from there.

The smaller sizes are, however, useful for stinger / secret weapon type patterns as a trailing hook instead of trebles. |\

TT.

Comment

Holly,
      Same answer as TT's.
      2 & 4 & 6's are good on anything from 1" and above in brass,copper, tungsten tubes.
      There is a hook I like I buy over in the B.C. which is fantastic on the larger tubes, but I cannot find them at the moment due to a house move. I don't even know the make but they are good in sizes 1 & 2.
      When I come across them I can give you more details.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
        Hi Holly,

if you're referring to using them in the back of a tube then 12/14 is very small - I would reserve these for micro tubes to be honest.

If you're fishing one inch tubes and bigger then start with size 6 and work up from there.

The smaller sizes are, however, useful for stinger / secret weapon type patterns as a trailing hook instead of trebles. |\

TT.
        Cheers TT, I am using them at the back of a 10 mm x 1.5 mm diameter - needle tube, sorry for not specifying tube dimensions.

Thanks once again for your advice.
        Regards, Holly.

Comment

Originally posted by steelheadnut View Post
          Holly,
          Same answer as TT's.
          2 & 4 & 6's are good on anything from 1" and above in brass,copper, tungsten tubes.
          There is a hook I like I buy over in the B.C. which is fantastic on the larger tubes, but I cannot find them at the moment due to a house move. I don't even know the make but they are good in sizes 1 & 2.
          When I come across them I can give you more details.

Cap
          Many thanks Cap, I am using 10mm x 1.5mm diameter needle tubes.

I have fitted a size 10 circle c hook, which looks o.k. however, I was trying to make the overall tube look slim.
          Regards, Holly.

Comment

Working...
          X