Night time river level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night time river level

Hi there, does anyone agree with my thoughts on night time river levels, I am of the opinion that summer level and below are the optimum levels for fish catches! I have caught fish at 100 mm above Summer level, but, not as good as the above level/s.

I appreciate the clarity of the river is probably more important, however, I still prefer summer level and below.

Also, other rivers have different characteristics.

A friend of mine asked me to introduce him to Sea Trout Fishing, so luckily, one of our syndicate members let him have his rod one weekend in June.
    The syndicate member quoted," It's a waste of time going anyway, the river is 75 mm, below summer level", (320 mile round trip).

The guest had 5 Sea Trout, all approximately 3lb - bars of silver, I managed 4, about the same size.

Your contributions would be appreciated.

Regards, holly.

Fantastic fishing, well done Holly.

For night fishing my perfect conditions would be very low and clear water. The fish are then settled and also 'potted'. The clarity gives the best chance of a decent silhouette forming.

Moving this thread as not really fly pattern related, hope you don't mind Holly.

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
      Fantastic fishing, well done Holly.

For night fishing my perfect conditions would be very low and clear water. The fish are then settled and also 'potted'. The clarity gives the best chance of a decent silhouette forming.

Moving this thread as not really fly pattern related, hope you don't mind Holly.

TT.
      Hi TT, no problem and thanks very much for your rapid reply.

Regards, holly.

Comment

I like low water as well. Settled weather conditions and easier to control the line/flies. Also lower flows mean you can fish deeply easier. If there are no fish in the river then rain helps I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by T7 View Post
          I like low water as well. Settled weather conditions and easier to control the line/flies. Also lower flows mean you can fish deeply easier. If there are no fish in the river then rain helps I guess!
          Cheers T7, totally agree.

Regards, holly.

Comment

Working...
          X