Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow in the dark tube fly

Gentlemen,
    I see these advertised a lot but have never used them and hence the question,
    are they effective or should one stick to the conventional flies?
    Cheers
    Brian

Hi Brian,

they definitely do work, but don't go too bright. I often found them to work if the river was carrying come colour, when fishing deep or when fishing on very dark nights i.e. when /where light levels were challenging for the fish.

The little red laser lights shrink tubed onto a trailing hook worked well, or by mixing some glow in the dark powder with uv resin etc.

Tight lines,

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
      Hi Brian,

they definitely do work, but don't go too bright. I often found them to work if the river was carrying come colour, when fishing deep or when fishing on very dark nights i.e. when /where light levels were challenging for the fish.

The little red laser lights shrink tubed onto a trailing hook worked well, or by mixing some glow in the dark powder with uv resin etc.

Tight lines,

TT.
      Hi Brian, totally agree with TT, however, you are also correct with respect to conventional flies.
      A colleague of mine whilst fishing for Sea Trout, landed 19 fish in one night, using a conventional fly, (Black Pennel).
      This was quite unique, because, no one else, caught anything!
      Hope this does not cause confusion.
      TT, is indeed far better qualified than I, with respect to Sea Trout Fishing.
      I get a lot of constructive advice from this Forum and I appreciate it very much indeed. {You will do quite well, if you take advice, from this Forum}.
      Regards, Holly.

Comment

I've seen a whole load of glow in the dark paints at B and Q the other day. I'm very tempted to try them but they were relatively pricey for a small tin. I've got a million flies so don't really need another option but I'm easily tempted

Comment

Mix the following into UV resin, or just put some superglue on the section of the fly you want to make glow (e.g. small section at the butt) then dip into the powder. |\

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-STRONG...ul75KSzLVBpgqA

The 3g sample pack is ample for dozens of flies.

TT.

Comment

Thank you for the responses Gentlemen. I will keep an open mind on this subject and will publish the results, if I give them a try.
            Cheers
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X