The First Great Sea Trout Forum Northern Annual Get Together

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T7 View Post
    Someone has suggested Hoddom on the Annan. It's lovely water, the seatrout fishing has been ok in the last couple of seasons. The grilse and summer salmon can be good. Trouble is it's in Scotland!!
    Hi all

Aren't you/we/me/us/i venturing a bit further north than the north of England? Scotland? Where on earth is that? Nothing against Scotland apart from the Crankies. I'm a born an' bred scouse lad (keep any nasty comments to yourself please) and i used to live about as far north as you would care to go(apart from B/pool illums...brrr...) and now residing, well i say residing but, thats another story, in South Wales where it never rains boys;(well it didnt last year in the teifi catchment anyway) i am used to sunnier climes and would much prefer a venue somewhere between North and South. That wouldnt be anywhere near Scotland but could be in England or Wales and personally think it would attract more takers(like sea trout and salmo). In short(ish) i'll go nae futher north than the Mersey(used to be alive with said species in the 1700's apparently) and would subscribe straightaway to any venue for the whole weekend there or south of, either side of the border. I will even bring my guitar and bore you all to sleep with my never ending renditions of the very best of the very ever best, of the Beatles songs played and sung in key and as we (used to ) say in Doddyland-on blob(not to be confused with bob on.)

there we are then (as some say around here)

i say-cheers

Tom.|\|\|\

Comment

As I said, the trouble with the Annan is it is in Scotland

Comment

I will announce a venue once I have negotiated one but I am unable to do this until I get some numbers firmed up. I did actually state this in my very first post in this thread. I hope that you can all see the logic in this thinking? Once I announce the venue you are all at liberty to remain in or opt out. I am sorry but it is the only way I can se of doing this. In an ideal world I would pick a location that is geographically dead centre between where we all live but c'mon chaps lets be at least semi realistic we are stuck with where is available and who is prepared to let us fish there. Can we please at least for now avoid getting itchy and scratchy about where we are going :}
        www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

The speculation is fun! But yes I take your point and will cease and desist!

I've had an email from a member who has locked himself out of the forum by forgetting his password but he asked me to put his name down so can you add UncleAlec to the list?

Ta

Comment

The speculation is fun! But yes I take your point and will cease and desist!

I've had an email from a member who has locked himself out of the forum by forgetting his password but he asked me to put his name down so can you add UncleAlec to the list?

Ta

He sounds a bit Coronation Streetesque. I have never seen him on here before?????? Is he a member or a geezer out of your local pub?
            Last edited by laffingravy; 01-05-2015, 12:22.
            www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Thom Tom my navigational buddy, do I take it that you wish to attend and if so for both parts?
              www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

No one called uncle alec registered on this forum. Check the community drop box members list.

Comment

Originally posted by mintylad View Post
                  No one called uncle alec registered on this forum. Check the community drop box members list.

Sorry Simon (T7) but we did say members only. I have removed him again :}
                  Last edited by laffingravy; 01-05-2015, 12:50.
                  www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

If they let me know their username then I can easily change the password manually for them as needed. They can email me at: steff@sea-trout.co.uk

Well done on all this by the way, really terrific and thanks for bringing it to the forum |\

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
                      Thom Tom my navigational buddy, do I take it that you wish to attend and if so for both parts?
                      Hi

Yes indeed please!

thanks

Tom(:,

Comment

If there is a big enough demand from men from God's country Wales that is a minibus might not be a bad idea. I'm happy to drive. Can I just clarify that women are banned from attending and any talk of their species at the event will incur a hefty fine.

Richy.

Ps I'm ready! !!! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Thom View Post
                          Hi

Yes indeed please!

thanks

Tom(:,

Excellent, I can't wait to meet you. Your name is added to both lists.
                          www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Simon (T7) but we did say members only. I have removed him again :}
                            He is a member as far as I'm aware.

Should we be open to people who are guests & lurkers who don't post regularly but want to join as a way to expand the forum? I know there are people on the 'other' forum who have just about given up with it due to a lack of posting. Maybe they would be encouraged onto here by something like this? Just a thought

Comment

Numbers might be tight. We should therefore treat it as a get together for those of us who are visible members. I will however compromise with you. How about we let any lurkers or potential new members come to the next one that we put on. Providing of course that they start posting on here at least a little bit?
                              www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Numbers might be tight. We should therefore treat it as a get together for those of us who are visible members. I will however compromise with you. How about we let any lurkers or potential new members come to the next one that we put on. Providing of course that they start posting on here at least a little bit?
                                Hi

I've no problem with that invet. Lurkers very often turn into swoopers, as with most things in life. We must only ensure that the post mortem shows in great detail, how they missed a real treat in every way. Of course, plans can still be modified mid-stream to encourage lurkers to swoop to increase numbers pre-event. Compromising situations must be avoided at all costs! Accommodation for the Nation is the way forward. We may all be members of the same forum but, there are not many who have ever met each other, so in that way, we are mostly strangers anyway! Don't think a lack of posting/active participation should be a barrier for a variety of reasons, including; lack of computer use experience. Area of the country where they reside putting them off at the moment with no firmed up plans. Novice or younger person just starting out game fishing. The biggest one-possible cost of trip,within reason more may appear,beyond that some will disappear. etc.

Hope you don't see this as poo pooing your idea, which is excellent; just want to inject a bit of positive thinking outside the fly-box in an attempt to help.

keep up the good works
                                and i will try to help you
                                map it all out my friend.

cheers

Tomtom:>

Comment

Working...
                                X