Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sink Tips

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
    I use polyleaders a lot and always ask clients to turn up with a 8ft sea-trout polyleader in intermediate and fast-sink, which covers most eventualities if they only have a floating line and saves having to buy a proper sink-tip line. Never had issues with them and have been using them for many moons.

Having said that, I personally like and prefer the non-tapered tips and for that always put my trust in the Michael Evans ones (also produced by Airflo): http://www.michaelevans.co.uk/shop/l...ly-leaders-10/

TT.
    Many thanks TT for your lucid advice, however, I prefer the 60cm sink tip for presentation; the actual presentation is quite good.
    I take your point with reference to non - tapered tips.
    When I cut off my 1.5 Metre Poly leader I use the top section, i.e. from the integral loop, the taper there is not as severe!

Regards, holly.

Comment

Originally posted by holly View Post
      Many thanks TT for your lucid advice, however, I prefer the 60cm sink tip for presentation; the actual presentation is quite good.
      I take your point with reference to non - tapered tips.
      When I cut off my 1.5 Metre Poly leader I use the top section, i.e. from the integral loop, the taper there is not as severe!

Regards, holly.

Brian I would respectfully advise you not to use 10ft parallel salmon leaders with your double taper trout line. I think you may find that your trout line will not hold enough energy to turn over 10ft of salmon leader and a fairly heavy fly.
      www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
        Brian I would respectfully advise you not to use 10ft parallel salmon leaders with your double taper trout line. I think you may find that your trout line will not hold enough energy to turn over 10ft of salmon leader and a fairly heavy fly.
        Yup, would agree with that |\

TT.

Comment

sink tips

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
          Cheers LG, I would agree with you once again.

Regards, HH.

Comment

Working...
          X