Shooting winter 2014/15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
    Having witnessed your shooting Aled I think there's a fair chance that you will remain on probation! :>

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

TT.
    Can't say i blame you Steffan LOL:@, I really need a dog, i am still chipping at that piece of granite.....LOL
    Cheers
    Aled

Comment

Aled,
      Blin nad oeddwn wedi ateb yn gynt ! Sai"n credu roeddwn I ym mhriodas Dylan...efalle ni ges I wahoddiad !!!! Roeddwn I yn angladd Gwyneth gyda"n fam a"n wncwl yn y ty ac wedyn lawr I Gapel Glandwr.Cafodd fy nhad ei godi yn Hebron nepell o Landwr a"n fam o Tegryn....felly rwy"n cyfri taw boi o Sir Gar ydwyf yn y bon !!!!
      Hwyl am y tro a Nadolig Llawen I tithe a"r teulu a bob hwyl gyda"r saethu !
      Dyfed

Comment

Dim probs Dyfed. Hwyl yr Wyl i ti hefyd.
        Pob Hwyl
        Aled

Comment

We had a day out yesterday, with TT, best Pal Arwel, and two lovely dogs, Taff & Till. OK the bag was small, 1 woodcock, 1 collard dove, 1 woodpigeon, 1 woodcock, and 1 snipe. But the sun shone, the nice weather made the valley look its winter best, and there was plenty of leg pulling and some nice sloe gin. Plus good company an enjoyable day.
          Cheers
          Aled

Comment

Was that two woodcock then?:>

Comment

Originally posted by teifi88 View Post
              Was that two woodcock then?:>
              No sadly, it was the same one reported twice!!::
              Cheers
              Aled

Comment

Great day as always Aled. Diolch I ti. Nice to catch up and have plenty of banter, as per usual.

TT.

Comment

Anyone had much luck so far this season on the woodcock?

Comment

I have been keeping my eye's peeled, but I haven't seen any this year yet. Plan to have a walk next week.
                    Cheers
                    Aled

Comment

No influx of migrants noted here in North Bucks.... odd one seen could be a resident.
                      Fierldfare migrant numbers seem to be very low too... similar regional source?
                      Ian

Comment

Meant to give an update but forgot!
                        Our yearly Woodcock/rough shoot was not quite what we hoped for!
                        We changed the day from the 30th to the 31st due to averse weather, and although the wind was not as bad, the hail and rain was! Worked the usual nooks and crannies saw 7 woodcock (the least we've seen ever!) 1 bagged!
                        Saw quite a few snipe, but they all got up early. Saw 1 pheasant, and 1 rabbit but the bag remained that 1 woodcock. Still the fresh air and walk did us good.
                        TT you missed very little fun this year!
                        This weather is playing havoc with winter activities, wouldn't mind seeing some dry cold proper winter weather!
                        Cheers
                        Aled

Comment

Sorry to here you didn't have a good end of season shooting. Our shoot here in Gloucestershire had a good beaters day this Monday, managing 41 brace pheasants, 9 brace of partridge and one woodcock. Great day but my three dogs were shattered as they were beating and picking up. Is there any salmon or sewin flies that can be tied using woodcock feathers?
                          Any way shooting gear now put away going to start tying for the start of the season.

Comment

Woodcock were out of season on Monday I'm afraid!!::/

Comment

You are quite right cyffylog there was bit of a mix up at the beginning of the day, the keeper explained no ground game and the young gun who shot the bird had only started beating this year and was unaware of the seasons. He was told and was obviously upset that he had broken the rules. We explained that everyone makes mistakes and I offered to take the bird of his hands in exchange for him making a donation to a charity of his choosing. On a personal note I had a great day as my young son managed to bag a few cock pheasants, and just loved working my three dogs who managed to pick up a majority of the birds.

Comment

Good to see youngsters being given a chance to beat/shoot/pick up, the future of our sport.
                                All the best

Comment

Working...
                                X