Prince Albert Angling Association Open Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Albert Angling Association Open Day

Good morning my very luvverly fellow forumites. Just a quick note to advise that the Prince Albert Angling Association Open Day 2015 will be on Sunday
    7th June on the River Ribble. I will be in attendance conducting single and double handed casting tuition which will be completely free of charge. If any of you are attending then please come along and introduce yourself. It would be fantastic to meet any or all of you.

Best regards,
    Geoff
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Apologies I wont be there, but I am a member of PAAS.
    Tight Lines
    Aled

Comment

Just imagine if we all did turn up. Could you teach a thousand people to do a snake roll in a day? Sorry I'm being a knob. Hope you have a good day and that the weather is fair if I was closer I'd turn up.

Mintylad.

Comment

At last year's event there were more than a thousand people turned up. I never stopped all day even for a brew. I struggled to get to a toilet and the queue was fairly relentless.
        www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

That's a bloody good turn out for an open day mate and you should be commended on giving up your time when there's probably some nice bit of water you'd like to be fishing. Do you hold the event annually?

Mintylad

Comment

I am not a member. I just do some demo's and teaching for them. There are about 6 of us who attend and we all muck in. Some do demo's some teach and some do both. It depends how many members turn up as to exactly who does what.
            Last edited by laffingravy; 04-06-2015, 19:19.
            www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

I might be able to get along. Whereabouts on the Ribble is it being held?
              Ron

Comment

I think that your club will have sent details to all if it's members. As I am not personally a member then I am somewhat unclear on this. The event is on the Prince Albert Beat just downstream of the bridge at Ribchester.
                www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm not a member either and there's nowt about it on there website. Ribchester Bridge shouldn't be hard to find, so I may see you there.

Cheers Ron

Comment

Ron, I am unclear whether they make this a members only event. I think it would be prudent to check if this is the case rather than just turn up.
                    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

It's always been open to non members and I haven't heard anything different about this year. To find the beat go over the rbidge into Ribchester and as you come out of the village there is a right turn, just before you get to that turn there is a small lay by and gate on your left going into fields towards the river. The gate should be open and it will be well signed with marshals to help etc.

Hoping to get up for it but I'm down south for the weekend so maybe not.

Comment

Thanks for that T7. Hopefully, I'll manage to get there..............

Cheers Ron

Comment

So how was it LG? Did you impart your wisdom??

Comment

It was a fantastic event. Last year I was crazily busy from the outset. This year for me at least, started quite slowly and by 11.30am I was swamped with people wanting advice and assistance. I think that you have some of the nicest most genuine people as members in any club that I have had the pleasure to meet anywhere. I estimated on the day about 1500 people turned up. I have been informed this morning however that the fella on the front gate with the counter has said that the turnout was over 3000. As for me imparting wisdom? I have never been accused of being wise before and I don't expect I will again. It is merely a case of assessing how people cast and suggesting the most direct action to get a rod either single or double handed to load more efficiently. Despite what some instructors choose to dress up as highly complicated to make themselves look very clever it can and should be made very simple. There is no point in making stuff so complicated that people just switch off. I am reliably informed that Albert Einstein once said that if you cannot explain something in terms that a child can understand then you really do not understand it yourself. I use this as my mantra and people for some reason seem to like it.
                            Last edited by laffingravy; 09-06-2015, 08:47.
                            www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

It's a good club LG, with 8000 members or so you have to be able to get along with others and work around coarse fishermen! Mostly we do...

Comment

Working...
                              X