No announcement yet.

The First Great Sea Trout Forum Northern Annual Get Together

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if its a sunday count me in for daytime and night time, cant do sat nights as i work

Comment

Originally posted by speycaster View Post
      if its a sunday count me in for daytime and night time, cant do sat nights as i work

Roger that Billy, you are added to the list
      www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Any other takers?

Comment

Get it together boys!

Hi Geoff

How about re-posting it to possibly increase interest from any other members? Not many will look at 1st page of your first post i bet. I don't mean a quote- i mean re-post it and maybe give an update on what numbers we have etc. and any other details you may have that we don't.|\

cheers
          Tomtom.

Comment

Originally posted by Thom View Post
            Hi Geoff

How about re-posting it to possibly increase interest from any other members? Not many will look at 1st page of your first post i bet. I don't mean a quote- i mean re-post it and maybe give an update on what numbers we have etc. and any other details you may have that we don't.|\

cheers
            Tomtom.

I take your point Tomtom but the thread has had 586 views. This is more than threads that have been running for longer than this one and given the amount of traffic the Forum appears to have I feel it fair to suggest that everybody has now seen it and any interested parties have put their name forward and are on the first posting in the thread. With only 5 of us wanting to take part it would appear to me that we really don't have enough interest and it might be more appropriate to kill it off rather than try to flog a dead horse ~#
            www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Buttstock 2015

Oh dear Geoff

The last time i flogged a dead horse it was foinavon(excuse spelling) in a 1960's grand national and won loadsadosh-never been a betting man-got it in a sweep and put a tenner on it as well-ga doing!!! There are around 1200 members on the site so we've only(possibly without repeat views) only canvassed say a quarter to a third of them. Go on, give it another go-if you double the numbers it will work surely. Maybe try moving the goalposts a bit further south and west and see what the take up might be-if it is same or worse then no; if better; yes.
              How many do we need to make it viable? Tell the members that too. Don't give up man, pos. ment. att.:>

cheers

Tom tom.

Comment

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
                I take your point Tomtom but the thread has had 586 views. This is more than threads that have been running for longer than this one and given the amount of traffic the Forum appears to have I feel it fair to suggest that everybody has now seen it and any interested parties have put their name forward and are on the first posting in the thread. With only 5 of us wanting to take part it would appear to me that we really don't have enough interest and it might be more appropriate to kill it off rather than try to flog a dead horse ~#
                Or open it up to non members on the proviso that they become members and participate in the forum? I know 2 or 3 in that position

Comment

QUOTE=Thom;10742]Oh dear Geoff

The last time i flogged a dead horse it was foinavon(excuse spelling) in a 1960's grand national and won loadsadosh-never been a betting man-got it in a sweep and put a tenner on it as well-ga doing!!! There are around 1200 members on the site so we've only(possibly without repeat views) only canvassed say a quarter to a third of them. Go on, give it another go-if you double the numbers it will work surely. Maybe try moving the goalposts a bit further south and west and see what the take up might be-if it is same or worse then no; if better; yes.
                  How many do we need to make it viable? Tell the members that too. Don't give up man, pos. ment. att.:>

cheers

Tom tom.[/QUOTE]

Tom, we currently only have 5 members signed up. Billy Speycaster has suggested that I we make it on a Saturday then he cannot attend due to work commitments which has the strong possibility of reducing us to 4 members. For your own part you appear a little bit reluctant to travel any kind of distance. While I can fully understand your reluctance it does complicate things for the rest of us. For my own part I now have open days on which I am doing demo's and clients who have recently booked me for tuition and guiding for quite a lot of the remaining weekends of this year. In fairness this does tend to happen to me at this time of year. I have to pitch my own personal fishing around these commitments. I have rota days on the Eden and there are fish in large numbers now moving into the Lune. This also complicates things considerably. Taking all of this into consideration it is near impossible to continue to organise our proposed event. I am sorry to be blunt but with a regular weekday job and my fishing stuff 'out of hours' my availability is always limited and I need to work on a 'first come first served basis'.

Originally posted by T7 View Post
                  Or open it up to non members on the proviso that they become members and participate in the forum? I know 2 or 3 in that position

Simon if you wish to proceed on this basis then this was always your event and you are perfectly at liberty to do so. If you organise it and let me know where and when I will do my best to attend but please bear in mind the answer I have given above to Tomtom
                  www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Get together

Geoff

You've got me wrong there. I don't mind where we meet up from john o'groats to lands end mate; the only reason i suggest moving it more south is to try to boost numbers. Hope that helps any.

cheers
                    Tom tom.

Comment

And many will have work commitments and family holidays, that without solid dates will find it hard to plan 2wards.

Comment

It's a classic chicken and egg situation. You can't book beats without numbers but people won't sign up without knowing dates/venues.

Unless we can book somewhere that wouldn't matter if only a few turned up??

Comment

Geoff

You've got me wrong there. I don't mind where we meet up from john o'groats to lands end mate; the only reason i suggest moving it more south is to try to boost numbers. Hope that helps any.

cheers
                          Tom tom.

Sorry Tom I am a little confused. This happens to me a lot but

Hi all

Aren't you/we/me/us/i venturing a bit further north than the north of England? Scotland? Where on earth is that? Nothing against Scotland apart from the Crankies. I'm a born an' bred scouse lad (keep any nasty comments to yourself please) and i used to live about as far north as you would care to go(apart from B/pool illums...brrr...) and now residing, well i say residing but, thats another story, in South Wales where it never rains boys;(well it didnt last year in the teifi catchment anyway) i am used to sunnier climes and would much prefer a venue somewhere between North and South. That wouldnt be anywhere near Scotland but could be in England or Wales and personally think it would attract more takers(like sea trout and salmo). In short(ish) i'll go nae futher north than the Mersey(used to be alive with said species in the 1700's apparently) and would subscribe straightaway to any venue for the whole weekend there or south of, either side of the border. I will even bring my guitar and bore you all to sleep with my never ending renditions of the very best of the very ever best, of the Beatles songs played and sung in key and as we (used to ) say in Doddyland-on blob(not to be confused with bob on.)

there we are then (as some say around here)

i say-cheers

Tom.|\|\|\

I thought from your earlier post you did not want to travel very far north???
                          www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Get together

Hi Geoff

Yeah i agree reading it again does give that impression, sorry, should have been a bit more direct really. Again all i can say is i was trying to nudge organisation of it to somewhere a bit central in the uk to perhaps boost numbers and even out the travel distances, not necessarily for me-i would prefer that option but am prepared to go wherever, if it pans out that way. I've got a good large car for a long trip and could by arrangement take two passengers and gear as well if that helps.|\

cheers

Tomtom.

Comment

im still up for it will travelafter work sat night im not sugesting have it on a sat only that i wont be joining you untill sunday was looking forward to it never mind i appreciate the effort jeff pm me maybe we can get out im free all weekdays billy

Comment

Working...
                              X