Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cock cape

Hi
    I want to buy a good kingfisher blue cock cape , can anyone recommend a place to get one from.
    Thanks.

Try Lakeland Fly Tying - Whiting rooster capes. Expensive, but you did say "good".

Comment

I would look no further than Toby at FunkyFlyTying, GD.

http://www.funkyflytying.co.uk/shop/...-grade-1/1393/

Alternatively, these are great for head hackles or if you're stripping them down for false hackles:

http://www.funkyflytying.co.uk/shop/...k-hackle/1333/ - try the flu.blue.

TT.

Comment

Thanks for the replys, will give them both a look.

Comment

I will echo what TT said Toby at funky fly is brilliant. Sells quality materials at decent prices and his customer service is unrivalled. In this Internet age where you don't get any personal touch it's refreshing to see someone go to the bother of looking after their customers. He is a fountain of knowledge and won't try to sell you stuff just to make a quick buck.

Mintylad.

Comment

You could try christina tooley of www.chevronhackles.com.
            Truly outstanding capes and she will dye any colour cape you want providing you give her a sample to work on.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by steelheadnut View Post
              You could try christina tooley of www.chevronhackles.com.
              Truly outstanding capes and she will dye any colour cape you want providing you give her a sample to work on.

Cap
              Pretty sure she is shutting up shop, Cap, if she has not done so already.

Steff

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
                Pretty sure she is shutting up shop, Cap, if she has not done so already.

Steff
                Christ, I had no idea.
                Thanks Steff.
                She will be sorely missed,by me anyway.
                Christina gave me some awesome capes and other feathers for my spey's over the years and she dyed me some specific colours, I think I gave her a few headaches over the years.

Cap

Comment

Her Website is still live and she is still taking orders. I hope that she doesn't fold . I find her stuff expensive but the quality is always exceptional. She also offers some very 'off the wall' products that other traders in the game don't seem the have the balls to stock for fear that they will not be able to move the stuff on. I will be very sad if she does in fact shut up shop
                  www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X