Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rio Grande - 33lbs and 28lbs sea trout, same week!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Grande - 33lbs and 28lbs sea trout, same week!

Just had these come through from recent trip reports to the Rio Grande. Proper lumps and something to dream of with the season fast approaching...

TT.

Thats one happy chappy there with these two brutes|\
    The one in the bottom pic is fresh too!
    I'll bet they give him a good run around.
    One day I may be able to afford to go there~:.

Comment

Fantastic to see, fish of a lifetime :>

Mike

Comment

:} wow I'll be hunting one like that on my local this season ha yeah right :>
        theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Will be down there in two weeks' time - can't wait.

I get weekly reports and images from the lodge, so if there is interest I will gladly post them on here for all to view/read - nice to break the winter up with something sea trout related.

TT.

Comment

fantastic fish steff! out of curiosity what is the record for the RG? and what is your p.b for the river?

Comment

Originally posted by NOCTURNAL View Post
              fantastic fish steff! out of curiosity what is the record for the RG? and what is your p.b for the river?
              Hi Nocturnal,

I am fairly sure that the heaviest recorded worldwide would be from the Grande and is around 35 lbs. Having said that, some of the Baltic fish caught decades ago would probably have beaten this by quite a margin.

Fish around the 30 lbs mark are taken most seasons. However, I think it was 2011 that saw three of over 30 lbs being landed. I am sure the world record is in there somewhere, with many of these being lost or broken off.

As for my personal best; I've had a 22 and a 25. You normally expect fish in the 14-18 lbs range during the trip with something over that weight largely being a case of more luck than judgement.

Here's the 22lb'er:

Here's the 25lb'er:

And here's me playing the 25 lb'er after my reel fell off mid-fight!! :>

Will start a thread and post some of the reports I get from the lodges - will make interesting reading I'm sure.

TT.

Comment

FANTASTIC! That 25lb'der's a stunner! stuff of dreams ~:.

Comment

Cracking proportions on those fish exactly the same as our river only much much larger!!

Comment

Working...
                  X