Shooting Winter 2013/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Winter 2013/14

Well cold temperatures next week should see Woodcock arriving in my corner of West Wales.
    Havent been seriously out with the gun yet, but did sort out a very large squirrel with the air rifle off the front lawn last week. Tail is drying nicely in the garage. |\
    Cheers
    Aled

Even though i do a few different types of shooting throughout the year, woodcock is my favourite!
    Don`t think anything else comes close!

Comment

Know what you mean its proper "hunting" not just shooting love it.
      Cheers
      Aled

Comment

Chance of woodcock up north mmmmm I wish

Comment

Something to wet the appetite!

Comment

Ohh to be out with gun and dogs...talking to a mate this morning. Shooting Friday, Shooting Saturday, Ferreting Sunday, lucky sod. I'm jealous!
            Nice picture.
            cheers
            Aled

Comment

Originally posted by teifi88 View Post
              Something to wet the appetite!
              Great to see a side by side |\....... So that what woodcock looks like :>

Comment

Fantastic pic,I flushed a few today while counting Sewin redds,must get the gun out soon.

Comment

Had a quick walk out today.
                  Saw 5 and heard another 2!
                  Managed to connect with one, so not a bad day!

Comment

A lot of woodcock around this year already, which is great to see. Also, a very healthy population of snipe around too. Haven't been on them yet, but have enjoyed some flighting with good results on both the mallard and teal. Looking forward to the next couple of months - plenty of sport and materials for next season. |\

TT.

Comment

There's a small wood behind where i live, and i am fortunate that the landowner allows me and the children access there regularly. It always puzzled me why i never saw a woodcock there. Well went for an amble on Saturday and i was really pleased to flush one. Less than 50feet from my back door.:>
                      Cheers
                      Aled

Comment

Did you wave the gun at it Aled?:>

Comment

Oh no, i was looking for a sqirrell with me air rifle,there's one that keeps robbing the bird table he's a big un and I would not mind seeing his tail hanging up in the garage! His days are numbered. :@
                          So i was not suitably armed, but i was so pleased to just see one, it made no sense that i had this "allt" (Welsh for small woodland) on my doorstep and no woodcock present. Also dont know if i want to shoot one so close to home, sometimes its nice to just know that there's one there! One day i'll tell you about the trout from the landing window....z.
                          Cheers
                          Aled

Comment

Working...
                          X