Snipe etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Aled,

keep an eye out on those woodcock!! we'll have to have some more shooting this winter.

Snipe have arrived in good numbers now, and there's been a good fall of woodcock. Ducks are around, but there's quite a bit of water on the fields etc. at the moment, so too much choice of late for them.

Off for some Ptarmigan shooting in Iceland in 9 days time, so that should be a laugh, if not a little (very!) cold!!

Steff.

Comment

Yep TT eyes peeled. Lots of woodies around and rabbit numbers seem to be holding up quite well.
      I've seen quite a few snipe recently as well.
      Bit of shooting this winter...ah yes.|\ Got a 11 day gap to fill over Christmas.
      Dal lan cyn hir.
      Cheers
      Aled
      Last edited by Aled; 02-11-2010, 22:38.

Comment

Seen a few Woodcock in recent weeks, son was in the car with me when i pointed one out to him.
        He came home and told his mother Dad had showed him a "Cock Cock!" :@ Kids hey!
        Anyway valley is covered in snow at the moment so the gun is remaining in the cabinet for now!
        Cheers
        Aled

Comment

Good too see aled, lots of woodcock around here to, i can't wait for the shoot this saturday. Lots of duck around at the mo, i had 7 teal yesterday, also i had my first pinkfoot goose lastweek, well chufed,

Mat.

Comment

Nice one Taffy Bass, really fanciede getting out before this snow arrived, but not had a chance will definately get out this month!
            Cheers
            Aled

Comment

Looks like there will (if there's not already lost count of my days!) a ban on certain types of ahooting for now.
              Too much cold weather!
              It is actually something i agree with, i've no plans to get out until it thaws.
              Cheers
              Aled

Comment

Hi aled, there's a volentry restraint on at the moment if you feel that the birds are in distress, the bamn will take place on the 15th if no thaw takes place. The birds where i shoot are ok, only parts are frozen, cheers,

Mathew.

Comment

Thawing flat out with us today, temps at a magic +5!
                  Went for a walk along an urban canal path yesterday, saw about 6 snipe and 1 woodcock.
                  Cheers
                  Aled

Comment

Two shooting trips in recent weeks to feedback on.

Friday 21st of Jan. TT, Simon, Taff and Fudge (the dogs)my mate Arwel and I headed out to my patch of Wild West Wales. We saw 26 Woodcock, and bagged...1! Which TT expertly shot. He also added a grey squirrell. Still it was a great day out, and lots of leg pulling. Plus those dogs worked hard.
                    Saturday 28th of Jan. Had a walk out with mates Rob (and his spaniel Bben) ansd Arwel again. Saw only 8 woodcock, which were also very flighty, getting up well ahead of us. Did however bag one which is plucked and in the deep freeze ready to eat.
                    Thanks to all for their help during both days, but especially to those three dogs they worked very hard.
                    Thats it for this years shooting. Thinking of sewin now.
                    Tight Lines
                    Aled

Comment

Forgot to post this last year...this is what our cat manage to catch last November. She has just tried her luck with a pheasant that wonder through the farm - it was lucky it managed to struggle and escape even though twice the size of the cat.

Just need to show her what Jungle Cocks and Teal feathers look like and I could have this years fly tying material sorted.

David
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good to see you over the weekend David.

That's a great catch!! :>

Steff.

Comment

Working...
                        X